Here our in house handy man Stuart demonstrates
how to cut 10mm, 8mm & 5mm depth panels...
Panels are straight forward to cut which is a huge part of their appeal.
○ TAPE MEASURE
○ YOUR CHOSEN CUTTING TOOL
OPTIONS FOR CUTTING TOOLS
Tenon saw or Hand Saw
You can use either but please ensure the saw has a fine tooth pattern for a clean cut
A jigsaw is great for cutting curves or patterns but we do recommend a fine tooth blade
A sharp Stanley knife will give a perfect clean cut, please ensure you are using a stable flat surface when cutting
Circular Saw or Chop Saw
Both can be used but the blade can often give a coarse/rough cut so please test first.
DISCLAIMER - Always ensure you are cutting on a stable surface and take care to support the cut end. Do not cut panels outside in direct sunlight.
○ TAKE YOUR PANEL AND STABILISE ON A FLAT AND STURDY SURFACE IN PREPARATION FOR CUTTING
○ FLIP THE PANEL OVER SO THAT THE FACE OF THE PANEL IS FACING DOWNWARDS
○ TAKE YOUR TAPE MEASURE & PENCIL
○ MARK OUT YOUR REQUIRED MEASUREMENT'S ON THE BACK OF THE PANEL
○ MAKE SURE YOU MAKE TWO MARK'S AT BOTH ENDS OF THE PANEL
○ TAKE YOUR RULER
○ MAKE A CLEAR STRAIGHT LINED MARK WITH THE RULER IN PREPARATION OF CUTTING THE PANEL
○ TAKE YOUR SAW AND CUT AN INCISION AT ONE END OF THE PANEL
○ SLOWLY START TO CUT THE PANEL IN A STRAIGHT LINE DIRECTLY THROUGH THE PANEL FOLLOWING YOUR LINED MARK PRECISELY
○ ONCE YOUR PANEL IS CUT DOWN TO SIZE IT IS READY TO BE INSTALLED AS RECOMMENDED
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
© 2020 Decor Walls & Flooring.